A Story in Progress (3)

Quick confession: I am not quite through with the story in progress.... actually, that's just putting it mildly because truth be told, I am not even through with the character definition and since it’s probably wrong to lead people on, (pun fully intended) I have decided to put up a final episode (or whatever it’s called) today .... That been said, I have another episodic story (a proper one) that is errrmm ready for publishing (if this can be considered publishing)It’s titled errm… what’s that title again?? Yes…”The marriage talk”. It’s a record of Tinu and her friends, Oyin and Jemimat. You’ll probably enjoy it; I solemnly promise not to bore you 
P.S: I couldn’t (and still can’t) find a better topic so I don’t mind some help there­­

P.P.S: the story not centered on marriages or anything like that

Good morning Miss Fayemi hope you slept well
Sade: yes sir I slept well. Please feel free to call me Sade
CMO: (smiles) if you will return the favor by dropping the ‘sir’ I’ll consider it
Sade: yes sir
CMO: (smiles again) and hope your stay in Nigeria has been pleasant thus far
Sade: I’m not sure how to answer that question. Nigeria has changed a lot
CMO: well you were away for a long time. How many years again?
Sade: twelve years
CMO: wow you spent twelve years without even thinking of home
Sade: I didn’t exactly have a place to call home
CMO: you know I am really curious about you, I want to know your story because I remember your father he was a wealthy man; he used to frequent club ten at the then Ikoyi gardens
Sade: and I am more than willing to answer all your questions, another time
CMO: well then let’s get down to business.
            I’m sure your residency at Daniel Hackman has prepared you for the rigors of this our profession but the people you will be working with here are quite different from the kind of people you’ve met with and worked with over there. Like you know, every community has its own culture and peculiarities. I am not very sure you will be able to blend into our society quite easily and you have to be a part of this society, to understand where people are coming from, in order to help them. You have to be able to see things the way your patients see it. To aid your transition, I have assigned a nurse to you; she will be working with you for the next few months. If you have any problems at all, talk to her
            We call her nurse Dupe which is short for Kadupe. She has been with us for a while now and I trust her plus she’s about your age so I guess you two will get along well. Do you have any questions?
Sade: I understand your point but I think I can do well on my own after all, they are still humans
CMO: as you will soon find out, we are not just humans, we are peculiar. And people will react adversely to different situations. We really want your stay here to be as pleasant here as possible, so let’s stick to the assisting nurse idea. I’m sure you will be thanking me for that idea very soon
Sade: guess I have no choice in this matter
Doctor Benson smiled and rang for his secretary to get him Nurse Dupe

**THE END**

Comments